Cheerleading is only a spectator sport.
Tools: The more, the manlier. A man spends his extra money on tools.
Every man’s toolbox is custom for his interests and needs, but every man must have the following in his toolbox.
- Duct tape – For when it moves but shouldn’t.
- WD40 – For when it doesn’t move but should.
It has been determined in the past that use of a map is not acceptable by a code-following man. However, with the advent of portable GPS devices, a decision between the map rule and a man’s right to the use of his toys must be made.
So, unless agreed upon otherwise, the use of a GPS will be neutral and will not make the user appear less manly.
However, the ability to find a destination of over 50 miles away without the use of GPS will be a sign of great manliness and therefore, every man should strive to be an excellent navigator without the use of electronic devices.
It is punishable to ’shame’ someone who has passed out at a party, but only if their shoes are off.
If a man passes out with his shoes on, he has incorrectly factored the delicate balance of his sleep requirements, alcohol tolerance, and testicular fortitude. He is open to all forms of shaming – points added for creativity.
Should a friend ever be arrested and jailed for a period of more than 1 night, it is the obligation of a man to post bail money up to 3 months pay.
- It is the expectation that should the defendant’s act not have violated any of the man code, an honorably friend would have participated in the act and should be jailed also.
You are obliged to provide a spot for any man who looks like he could use one. This should be broached delicately, a simple “Want a spot?” will suffice. Take care to not indicate a man’s weakness, only your willingness to help.
If a man spots you, you are obligated to return the favor.
You may never uses vaguely homosexual remarks in a gym setting. Avoid phrases like “Let’s hit the showers” or “Push it”, and always remember, never smack an ass.
Avoid resonating the bad habits of that guy at the gym we all know. This can be accomplished by following these tips:
- Do not grunt excessively while lifting
- Do not wear sandals
- Do not flex for extended periods in front of the mirror
- Do not use phrases like “getting jacked”
- Avoid lifting for 2 minutes in between 20 minute conversations with your buddy
Above all else, at the gym, respect those around you and work out efficiently. This is the path to true manliness.
A man must claim ignorance on the whereabouts of the fellow man when asked by his wife, girlfriend or significant other.
This law is intrinsic and automatically applies without having to be asked.
- A man may divulge a fellow man’s whereabouts in extraordinary situations including: natural disasters, personal emergencies, police intervention, etc.
- This rule is null and void if the fellow man is in considerable debt to the man under question: this includes significant monetary or beer debt. However, this exception only is applicable once per debt, and cannot be used again until the fellow man as accrued another debt.
Violation of a man’s trust requires a tier 4 penalty for first offense, but a more severe penalty may be required if significant repercussions occur by the divulging of information.
When playing a sport, it is customary to elect two captains and stand the remaining individuals in line. First choice is determined by coin flip or other agreement of your choice.
Both captains alternate in picking members of their team until no choices remain.
If acting as captain, you may pick superior athletes over your buddy for a few rounds in order to preserve the athletic potential of your team, however it is improper to allow your buddy to be last picked. This is classified as a dick move.
A Best Man’s Toast shall not include any material that can be potentially harmful for the victim’s relationship with his family or new wife.
Stories that begin with statements such as “This one time in Vegas…”, “That was the first time he got crabs…”, etc. shall be very discouraged.
Punishment will be determined by a court of fellow men.
A man may only go Commando if returning from something awesome. No exceptions.